Your Development & Design Resource
From Redmond with some Web 2.0 Love - ASP.Net AJAX
01/25/2007 12:26 PM by Chris Toohey
Hot off the presses, Microsoft has released a v1.0 AJAX framework for it's ASP.Net offering. Here's some info from the release:
ASP.NET AJAX is a free framework for quickly creating a new generation of more efficient, more interactive and highly-personalized Web experiences that work across all the most popular browsers.
With ASP.NET AJAX, you can:
- Create next-generation interfaces with reusable AJAX components.
- Enhance existing Web pages using powerful AJAX controls with support for all modern browsers.
- Continue using Visual Studio 2005 to take your ASP.NET 2.0 sites to the next level.
- Access remote services and data directly from the browser without writing a ton of complicated script.
- Enjoy the benefits of a free framework with 24x7 technical support provided by Microsoft.
Looks pretty interesting, and something that I'll definately need to give a whirl the next time I crack open my Visual Studio bag-o-tricks!
Check out their site (AJAX : The Official Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX Site) for the v1.0 download, some more information, examples, and other items of interest (for those of you inclined)!