Your Development & Design Resource
Of Yellowcake, Podcasting, Application Architecture, and Life...
02/14/2008 04:12 PM by Chris Toohey
Have had a few things on my mind... specific and not-specific to the work I'm doing with Yellowcake, so here's some questions, comments, and babblings:
- Is there any reason that you can think of that you would not want to create a Full-Text Index for a database if it meant said database could be fully web-enabled with no customizations to it's design?
- There's Domino Applications and Domino Databases...
- ... that being said, everything that we do is basically moving text around. Whether that text is markup of a sort that builds the rendering engine for your applications or the actual data stored within!
- The best thing that you can do is share your idea with like-minded people. Don't be intimidated, worried, or afraid your IP will walk...
- If you have to worry about said person walking with something you're sharing with them... why do you even speak with them?
- How many of you are into Video Podcasts? Do you prefer Audio-only? Could care less either way?
- 16 Processor Ticks and <1 second renderings are great... but if you're new-hotness shows an Agent Done when something goes wrong, you're not finished!
That last one should tell you - I'm not done with Yellowcake. I'm currently working on some things, including accounting for PUT and DELETE HTTP methods (calling Yellowcake a REST API without such support is apparently a misnomer otherwise). I'm already giving you the ability to create, modify, and delete target Domino Database documents/data via GET and POST... but I want to make this as powerful and capable a solution as I can!